Wednesday, June 27, 2012


So, last week we built and raced cars.  We also shot video of the whole thing.  This week, we are taking the video that we shot and editing it into a movie.  Pretty basic right?  No.  Turns out video editing is pretty hard.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012


Today the kids took a trip down memory lane to the halcyon days of 2 weeks ago and struggled to recall the comic strips they had begun so long ago.

The comic strips, starring the dinosaurs they made even further back came out well.... for the most part.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Today we spent the first hour and a half assembling the wheels and engines on our cars. The results are varied.

We also began filming the process and the results.

Video footage to come!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012


Given the notice of absence by a number of our PNG students for this week, we've created a new offshoot project to keep the others from falling behind on their Dino-Comic-Strip: Rubberband Cars!

Here are the kids eagerly at work creating a design on the computer to print out, cut out and glue on to their cardboard cutout parts:

Tomorrow, they race! Stay tuned!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012


This week the students took the paper dinosaurs that they had already made and made them the star of their own comic strip!  They started by taking photos of their dinosaurs in various positions to tell the story.  Then they erased the backgrounds and added their own.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012


Today we finished up our papercraft Dinosaurs!  It was a big job (and Molly ended up doing most of the work), but the finished results speak for themselves.

After we finished our dinosaurs it was time to learn how to use cameras.  The students went through a quick camera boot camp to learn about the settings and picture taking techniques and then shot some photos of their dinos.

After that it was time for more Photoshop.  The kids' skills translated to Adobe Photoshop Elements and next week we'll pick up where we left off.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012


Today we cut out our paper dino's and glued them together. There is still work to be done but we should be finishing this up tomorrow!